CLC does not collect extra registration fee or handling charges those are not listed in Fees & Charges on our website.
Fees & Charges
Full-time students (Learning materials not included)
|Status||Application||Hours /week||Total fee||Former students|
|Application from outside Taiwan (or dormitory application)||15||NT$33,000||NT$29,700|
|Application from within Taiwan||15||NT$30,500||NT$27,500|
Part-time student (Learning materials not included)
|Status||Class||Hours/week||Total fee||Former students|
6 or 9 hours/week
|Individual class||Fee: NT$650 /hour (2 hours per class. Minimum: 2 hours per week）|
|Two-person class||Fee: NT$360/hour (2 hours per class. Minimum: 4 hours per week）|
|Class||Hours/week||Total hours||Hours fee/hour||Total fee||Former students|
|Summer Session(6-week intensive program)||25||150||NT$240||NT$36,000||NT$32,400|
|Mandarin Phonetic Symbols||6||Free||This course begins during the 2nd week of each semester (exact date will be announced prior to program commencement)|
|The Origin of Chinese Characters||4||Free||This course begins during the 2nd month of each semester (exact date will be announced prior to program commencement)|
Special tuition offers
- Former students are eligible to receive a 10% discount
- New students paying two semesters in advance are eligible for a 10% discount
- Internal exchange students and NSYSU students are eligible for a 15% discount
- Students who recommend a new full-time student shall receive a NT$500 coupon from the library.
- Should classes be cancelled due to lack of applicants, tuition fees shall be refunded
- If applicants are unable to obtain a visa, the class tuition shall be refunded
- Tuition fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Tuition is deferrable to the following semester - providing it is deferred before the start of the current semester
In accordance with Taiwanese law, all foreign students are required to purchases medical or accident insurance. The Chinese Language Centre can assist in the purchase of such insurance during registration. The cost of the insurance is approximately $$2580 for 1 year.
Students already possessing insurance from their own countries are required to bring the appropriate documents with them to Taiwan.
Foreigners residing in Taiwan and holding an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) for longer than six months are required to join the "National Health" Program, the cost of which is $749NT per month.
|Group Accident Insurance||NT$2,580/1 Year||Apply during class registration|
|National Health Insurance||NT$749/1 Month||After holding an ARC for longer than 6 months|
|Expense Fee/ Duration||Notes|
|Dormitory||NT$6,400 per person / 3 months (4-person room)||
|NT$12,300 per person/ 3 months (2-person room)|
|Off-Campus Housing||NT$20,000 / 1 month (Apartment/Flat)||A one-year lease is usually required
A security deposit of one to two months’ rent is usually required and may be refunded under certain circumstances
|NT$5,000~8,000 / 1 month (Individual Suite/Bedsit)|
|Learning Materials||NT$1,000~2,000/3 months|