Jump to the main content block

How to apply Residents Visas for Studying Mandarin Chinese?


Applicants who have entered the R.O.C. (Taiwan) on a Visitor Visa with an annotation indicating studying Chinese as the purpose of visit, have completed 4 months of study, have registered for continued study for at least another 3 months, and have not been absent from class for over a quarter of total class hours, may apply to the Bureau of Consular Affairs or any of its Central, Southwestern, Southern, or Eastern Taiwan Offices for a Resident Visa, without having to leave Taiwan, no later than 8 work days before the duration of stay expires.

Required documents:

Please check the required documents on Ministry of Foreign Affairs website:



Click Num: