Jump to the main content block

How to open a bank account in Taiwan?

A passport bearing a valid entry visa (or stamp) and ARC are needed in opening an account.
Students whom don’t have an ARC could apply for a “Record of ID Number in ROC” in advance as a substitute. While opening an account, applicants can also apply for a debit card in order to process deposit and withdrawal conveniently. Individual banks may have their own regulations, for details, please check with each bank accordingly.


Students could apply “Record of ID Number in ROC" at  National Immigration Agency. 

Click Num: